Names of the 2016 FTA everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards finalists have been announced, and reflect the wide variety of careers available in the logistics sector.
The roles of the 22 industry professionals -shortlisted to win a prestigious award, include those working as drivers of HGVs, vans, motorcycles and in passenger transport. Others are employed in the warehousing environment, whilst finalists in the innovation and sustainability category have been selected from those implements innovative operational solutions including technologies and processes.
FTA Chief Executive, David Wells, said: “The different roles that the finalists of the FTA everywoman Transport & Logistics Awards 2016 really do demonstrate the diversity of our sector. There is no doubt that there is often a public misconception about what transport and logistics actually delivers, and recruiting women into our industry suffers as a result.”
This is the ninth year of the Transport & Logistics Awards programme which raise the visibility of women in this sector, and celebrates the work of those in the industry who really shine and inspire others to enter a career in logistics.
Mr Wells added: “FTA is pleased to encourage forward-thinking companies that are committed to introducing diversity to the freight industry, and we are proud once again to be the title partner of these prestigious awards. I hope that they will encourage more women into a career in the logistics sector in which they are seriously under-represented.”
The winners of the awards will be announced at a ceremony on Wednesday 26 May 2016, at the London Hilton on Park Lane, which will be attended by more than 300 industry leaders.
The finalists for the 2016 FTA everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards are:
Rising Star of the Year Award:
- Rachel Beckett – Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company;
- Jodie Hartley – Yodel, Hatfield;
- Amy McNamara – Transport FLM, DHL Primark.
Driver of the Year Award:
- Amy Leeson, HGV Driver – XPO Logistics;
- Kirsty Sando – Driver Manager, Heathrow Express;
- Loretta Taylor, PCV Driver, Oxford Bus Company.
The Warehousing Award:
- Emma Buckley – Wincanton;
- Lynsey McIntosh – Oakland International;
- Helen Page – Mondelez.
Innovation & Sustainability Award:
- Rebecca Crow – FedEx Express, London;
- Jennifer Henderson – Transport for London (TfL);
- Katherine Trauth – LNG Marine Projects, Shell.
Team Leader of the Year Award:
- Wendy Findlay – First Glasgow;
- Caroline Rose – TNT Express;
- Hannah Self – Go-Ahead London;
- Claire Wright – Shell.
Leader of the Year Award – sponsored by Asda Logistics Services:
- Samantha Earl – Pertemps Driver Training;
- Kathryn Lewis – Advanced Supply Chain;
- Louise Whitehouse – TNT UK Ltd.
Industry Champion Award:
- Jo Field – Head of Campaigns, Transport for London (TfL);
- Jean Gowin – Managing Director, Jeanius consulting Limited;
- Dana Skelley OBE, Director of Asset Management, Transport for London (TfL).