MACDUFF 1890 was proud to announce that its product MACDUFF Pave Steak won three stars in 2016’s Great Taste Awards.
All cattle are born and bred in Scotland and finished on natural products such as grass or root crops or a product derived therefrom. In addition the following is confirmed for extra assurance:
- All sides are matured on the bone – ‘the natural way’ – prior to boning;
- All cuts fully traceable to farm of origin;
- Our premium beef is sourced from the MACDUFF Producer Group – a small fraternity of farms we have clubbed together and who set themselves a uniquely high standard of beef production;
- All primal cuts produced by MACDUFF 1890 are matured on the bone, to ensure tenderness;
- PR Duff Ltd [MACDUFF 1890] has satisfied the requirements of Beef Labelling Scheme for its ‘Method of Maturation’;
- MACDUFF 1890 have also been supplying customers with high quality lamb since 1990.
MACDUFF 1890 is about to move into its fourth generation of ownership and the company’s success has been achieved thanks to its unrelenting focus on quality and the stewardship of its Directors, both past and present:
Peter Robertson Duff
Peter commenced trading in 1890 when he bought live cattle from the Chicago Stock Yards and shipped them back to the UK. He continued to trade the cattle up until 1935 in the Glasgow Market.
Laurie was a former Scotland / British and Irish Lions international rugby player who successfully led the company from 1935 up until 1980. He took a stand in the Glasgow Meat Market aptly named Scotch Corner where the company remained trading quality Scotch Beef until 1992.
The current Managing Director of MacDuff Beef. Rory has worked in the company since 1976 and was instrumental in setting up the company’s current location in Wishaw when it moved in 1992 with the shutting down of the Glasgow Meat Market. The company during this time has diversified into supplying quality Scotch Beef to customers not only in Scotland but also in England and Europe.
Andrew joined the business full-time as Business Development Manager having completed his MBA at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, where he was awarded a distinction in October 2015.